Greener with Labour
- Lewisham Labour have planted hundreds of trees on streets and along highways in partnership with Lewisham charity Street Trees For Living, who won the London Tree & Woodland Award 2020. Hundreds more trees are due to be planted next year.
- Lewisham Labour have installed over 100 air quality monitors, to help improve air quality in Lewisham.
Fossil fuel divestment
- Lewisham Labour have divested £800m of the Council’s pension funds away from high carbon investments, helping tackle the climate emergency.
- Lewisham Labour have installed 112 cycle hangars in the borough, with 29 more pending installation, to make it easier and safer for our residents to store bikes safely and securely.
- Lewisham Labour have worked with TfL to bring Cycle Way 4 to Lewisham and have committed to linking it up with the cycle route on Deptford Church Street, as part of our vision to deliver a segregated cycle route from Downham to Deptford.